The Eastern Ontario Legends Series is a family based racing series with mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, aunts and uncles all racing Legends Cars in a fun, friendly, competitive series that is INEX* sanctioned. We are a touring Legends Car Racing Series that will have 15-17 races at 4 Ontario tracks in the 2017 season. We travel with our own race director, INEX sanctioned Tech Inspector and use the tracks flagman and our race director and the tracks race director also to keep cost down and have more eyes on events that happen on the track
We have 5 board members that make decisions for the series along with the racers and this allows more opportunity for racers to voice their opinions throughout the season. This also allows us to give back to the drivers/teams
We have rookies that have never raced before and veterans that have raced for years and found Legends racing to be very affordable, competitive and most of all fun.
For the past few years we have been growing and have implemented some different racing rules to give the fans and drivers some exciting racing. The differences are;
- Double file starts and re-starts – this makes for some exciting restarts, not just follow the leader racing.
- Inside outside starting spot selection after the first caution.
- Random draws for position in heat races – we don’t have so called “slow car / fast car” heats, we mix them all together. This allows the rookies to compete with the best all the time, not just in the feature races.
- Pull a pill for the feature race – when the heats are done the feature line up is calculated by the points earned in the heats, and then we pull a pill (number between 1 and 6) to invert the first 1 to 6 cars. This has put rookie drivers on the pole for the first time to see what it’s like to start up front.
- We also don’t allow the feature winner from the previous event start any higher then 6th in the next events feature.
All in all, we want to put on races that fans want to see and drivers want to race in. It must be working because we are getting more cars and requests to race at more tracks.
So come on out to one of our races and you too may get hooked on Legends Racing. Check out our schedule to see when we are at a track close to you.